Sometimes we may experience slow or inefficient network connections, which is not ideal. This results in your models taking a long time to load in 3D Repo. Fortunately, you can resolve this by enabling the Model Caching feature. Your models will load up to x4 times faster than previously since you are not downloading models every time.
The caching functionality stores model locally on your PC or a Laptop. After you open a model in 3D Repo for the first time, any subsequent attempt will load a local version of it. That is of course until a new model revision becomes available, in which case it will override your local copy. Let's take a look at how it works:
- Click on the Account menu icon in the top right corner of your screen
- Open the Visual Settings menu
- Open the Basic tab
- Flick the toggle switch to green, that enables Model Caching (Beta) feature
This stores model data in the browser's cache. If you are sharing a PC and concerned about privacy, make sure you clear the browser's cache before logging out.
- Ensure that you save your new settings and close the window
- If you wish to disable this feature, you can flick the toggle switch back to grey or reset your entire visual settings.
Remember that these settings are applicable to a web browser and not your 3D Repo account. If you log out of 3D Repo and log in with another web browser or a PC, you will need to enable Model Caching for those.